How Do I Contribute? / Community Involvement
I've spoken at a number of events, including:
- Click (a one-day event for teachers and programmers
- the Nashville Rails Meetup (nash.rb)
- Ruby DCamp (attendee talks)
- A GitHub Training webinar
- Keynoting CoderFaire 2014
- Keynoting Nodevember 2014
- Nashville Women Programmers
Through my former company, Eliza Brock Software, I sponsored a number of conferences and events, including:
- Nashville Code Cooperative's Talk Day
- The Nashville Ruby on Rails Meetup
- The Nashville Women Programmers Meetup
We are also active in teaching up and coming developers through Nashville Software School.
If you're interested in learning to program, we've got a whole page for that right here.
I contribute to open source projects via. GitHub.
I am currently teaching at Rose-Hulman as a visiting professor.
You can also read a little about the course I taught at Nashville Software School from 2012 to 2016.
As time permits, I am a mentor for the Ruby track on Exercism
MentorNet is an online service the connects college students in Science, Technology, Maths and Engineering with professionals working in the field.
(Previously) Class Projects
I have also been a mentor for a Junior Project at my alma mater, Rose-Hulman. Junior Projects are real-world client project undertaken to build project management skills.
I also do unstructured mentoring outside of the above venues. I especially enjoy it when I can work with former students- It's lovely seeing their progression over the years.